|Competition No.:||81||Hours Per Week:|
|Close Date:||21/12/2021 05:00 PM||Remuneration:|
|Location:||SIR JOHN FRANKLIN H.S.||Instructions:||online|
Yellowknife Education District No. 1 invites applications for the following term position:
Grade 9 - 12 French Language and Social Studies Teacher
February 1, 2022 to June 30, 2022
Ecole Sir John Franklin High School
Full Time (100%) Term
Candidates will have potential opportunities for the following school year.
Qualifications and Requirements for these positions include:
• Bachelor of Education Degree
• Eligibility to obtain NWT Teaching Certification
• Criminal Records Check
• Bilingual (French/English) would be an asset
• Excellent French oral and writing language skills (French Immersion
• Specialty in teaching French Language Arts (or Literature) at the High School
level, and some Social Studies may be required for the Grade 9-12 teaching
• A collaborative teaching style and an understanding of cooperative learning
• Current second-language teaching approach skills (French Immersion
Programming) is an asset.
The annual salary range for this position is $82,141 (5-0) to $131,930 (6-11) dependent
upon qualifications and experience.
Yellowknife is a thriving community of about 21,000 people on the north shore of Great
Slave Lake with all of the amenities associated with a capital city.
YK1 will pay for moving expenses as outlined in the YK1-NWTTA Collective
Inquiries for French Programming can be directed to Jean-Marie Mariez, Supervisor of
Instruction (French Programs), at (867) 766-5065 or at
email@example.com, or to Dean MacInnis, Principal of École Sir John
Franklin High School, at (867) 669-0773 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application complete with résumé and the names and contacts of three
(3) references electronically to email@example.com.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates must have an original acceptable Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) in place. The original VSC must be dated within 90 days of the date the application is received. This is a condition of employment, and must be in place prior to commencing work in any school. Candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID 19. This is a condition of employment and must be in place prior to commencing work in any school.
Required Certificates :
- Three References: email/name
- Attach Resume & Cover letter
- Proof of Covid Vaccinations
- Vulnerable Sector Check