|Competition No.:||263||Hours Per Week:||Half time|
|Close Date:||03/11/2023 05:00 PM||Remuneration:||As per USW-YK1 Collective Agreement|
|Location:||SIR JOHN FRANKLIN H.S.||Instructions:||Online/via email|
Yellowknife Education District No. 1 invites applications for the following term positions:
School Finance & Admin Assistant
École Sir John Franklin High School
Part-time, 50% FTE
This position is part of the student services team and, among other duties, provides assistance to Program Support Teachers, Guidance Advisors, and Child and Youth Counselors. The position also involves supporting public relations for the school, including overseeing the school's website, social media accounts, and monthly newsletter. This position provides an opportunity for creativity person to develop promotional items for SJF in many forms.
The successful candidates should possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- experience with word processing and computer databases on (MSWord, Excel, PowerSchool) first aid training or willingness to train;
- basic accounting/bookkeeping training and/or experience; experience using Simply Accounting and Bellamy;
- general clerical skills;
- ability to effectively interact with students, school and district staff, parents and the general public;
- ability to work independently in a fast paced environment with constant interruption;
- the ability to perform numerous other office/secretarial/school related tasks as directed by the school administration;
- the ability to work as a positive team player;
- an ability to multitask while being very organized;
- skills in desktop publishing, updating web-site, photography and video technology preferred.
Please submit cover letter, resume and (3) references with email addresses/phone numbers to Dean MacInnis, Principal of École Sir John Franklin High School, at firstname.lastname@example.org and Landon Kowalzik, Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources, at email@example.com
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
All employees are required to submit a CRC/Vulnerable Sector Check that has been completed within the past 90 days of their application.
Required Certificates :
- Three References: email/name
- Attach Resume & Cover letter
- Vulnerable Sector Check